Sunday, July 27, 2014

[Haul] SHF Agito Shining & SHF DragonRanger (Green Ranger)

Today I'm gonna open a new section for my blog, i.e. Haul-Sharing post. So firstly, I wanna introduce one of my hauls today, which is SHF Kamen Rider Agito Shining Form:

shf figuarts kamen rider agito shining
SHF Kamen Rider Agito Shining Form

Despite Kamen Rider Agito being the most popular Heisei Kamen Rider series by rating, I actually not really into the show. Undeniable, the show has a good & well-planned story, but IMO, the show is kinda slow-paced and the character is rather bland. But that's my opinion, it's still a great masterpiece nevertheless (trying not to offend the KR Agito fans :P)

Shining Form is the Final Form of Kamen Rider Agito after he powered up from his previous form, i.e. Burning Form. Contrarily to his Burning Form, KR Agito Shining Form is physically slimmer and less-muscular. Here's the picture of my SHF Agito Burning Form for your kind reference:

shf figuarts kamen rider agito burning
The muscular Agito Burning Form

Before I got the figure, I've seen the reviews and pictures of it on the internet. One of my biggest concerns was that the painting on the chest armor looked kinda "plastic-ish" instead of "metal-ish". Fortunately, after I got on hold of this figure today, I found that it wasn't that bad after all. Sure the painting on the chest armor still looks "plastic-ish", but it's within my tolerance. Worst come to worst, I can just Photoshop the chest if necessary.

However, I have one minor complaint about the shoulder joints: They are relatively fragile compared to other SHF figures. I've seen tragedies where some collectors accidentally broke their Agito Shining's arm at the shoulder joints T_T
Anyway, if you have one yourself, please handle with extra care. Same applies to SHF KR Agito Burning Form >_<


The next haul I'm gonna introduce is  SHF DragonRanger from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger:

shf figuarts dragon ranger
SHF DragonRanger playing his dagger-flute
I think people are more familiar if I mention "Green Ranger" or "Tommy" from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (MMPR). Just in case you don't know, MMPR is actually an America adaptation of the Japanese Super Sentai series, in other words, an American remake of the "Japanese Power Rangers".

SHF DragonRanger is surprisingly a well-made figure. I used the word "surprisingly" because I never held a Super Sentai SHF before and the articulations is beyond my expectation. Unlike Kamen Riders which have bulky, movement-restricting armors around them, a Super Sentai figure has no / less restricting armors.

The only movements limitation is his golden chestplate, which dramatically reduces his arms movement. To make it worse, this chestplate is fixed on the figure, so you cannot remove the plate without proper method. Guess BANDAI want to secure the sales of their exclusive SHF Armed TyranoRanger by preventing buyers from removing and installing the chestplate on the regular TyranoRanger. But I've seen internet pictures of DragonRanger with his chestplate removed. Guess you can actually do "surgery" on your DragonRanger to remove the plate.

Accessories wise, this figure is equipped with sufficient accessories which enable you to recreate the action scenes of DragonRanger:


As you can see from the picture above, the figure comes with the famous dagger-flute (bottom right) which is used by Tommy to summon his Megazord. It also comes with a wicked-looking sword (top right) which I don't really remember what it is =_=

Besides that, it has extra interchangeable neck and belt with American flags motive printed on them (top left). From the boxart at the back, I assume that they should be the accessories for the parody Super Sentai show, Akibaranger. After looked it up a bit, the extra neck and belt are the replacements to change your DragonRanger to Powerful Rangers from Akibaranger.

Overall, I think SHF DragonRanger is also a nice figure to collect. 

Phew... without noticing it, I've accidentally made my haul-sharing post into a mini-review post =_=

Maybe I should start writing a review :S
For a starter, I think I should start with reviewing SHF Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba Combo. Since it's my first SHF, it would be fair if my first review is based on him XD
Until then, stay tuned :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...